Thursday 25 March 2010

Thursday Thirteen: A Timeline In Tweets

Twitter is fun. I know, that's an understatement. Sometimes it's so hard to come up with something to talk about (especially when nobody listens), but brief 140 character tweets seem to be right up my alley. They are spontaneous, they're fresh and have a sense of immediacy.

Here are a few things I tweeted on the fly (so to speak). Some you might "get", and others are just funny to me, I guess:

1. I stare upward through bare branches at the blue moon and snowflakes fall slowly on my face. Happy New Year.

2. I just realized my dog breathes like Darth Vader.

3. I kinda feel sorry for the cat when he has to open the back door with his face. Who opens things with their face?

4. A quote from my dream last night: "What's with all the smoke? Is this freakin' Mordor?"

5. Overheard by daughter: "What are you listening to? Sounds like opera." "Bohemian Rhapsody." "That doesn't sound like rap."

6. That dog must think he's a rock star and I'm his b**ch if I'm gonna put him out to pee at one in the morning.

7. Working on my synopsis & yet I have this compulsion to do recycling, laundry & poke my eye with a stick.

8.  Ridley the cat has 4 gears: Sleeping, eating, pooping and being an A-hole.

9. Niedermeyer redeems himself & scores. TV guy: "At 36, he's not old." Husband: "I wish I was 36." Me: "I wish you were, too."

10. I know I'm in a bad way when I run from the kitchen to see what all the fuss is about in a curling match.

11. My cousin is getting up & walking just a few days after his double lung transplant. Go Brian!

12. A man stood outside the liquor store holding a sign, "Having a bad day? Tell me off." I gave him points for imagination... & a dollar.

13. The snow is receding like a glacier, leaving behind a moraine made of dog poo.

2 comments:

Jamie D. said...

I think I missed about half of these the first time...hilarious! :-)

Liane Spicer said...

Lovely! I don't tweet but love the effective succinctness of these!