Monday 18 June 2007

4 a.m. Feeding of the Mind

I got up to visit the little girls' room at 4am this morning, and when I went back to bed, my mind started churning. I saw a scene from my WIP The Weeping Woman in my head, and played it over and over in my head.

A half hour later, I figured I'd better write this stuff down or I'd forget it the next day. So I stumbled through the dark bedroom, tried not to trip over the dog in the hallway, and groped my way to the living room. I fired up my little laptop (boy, those things are bright when you're half asleep) and added the particulars to my outline for later reference.

I seem to have these little inspirational moments at the most awkward times -- while driving the car, while trying to fall asleep, or while at the mall waiting for my daughter to decide on a pair of jeans. The notebook works sometimes, but not all the time. Especially while I'm driving!

When does your muse hit you over the head? When you least expect it?

No comments: