Wednesday 18 April 2007

Welcome to the Flight

I have come to the conclusion that I am a 'fly by the seat of my pants' writer. My current novel doesn't remotely resemble the outline I had set out for it.

I pounded out 2000 words last night - the second half of a car chase in the mountains. Every time a new twist presents itself, I find it necessary to go back and make adjustments in the first chapters so everything doesn't get completely unraveled. So far, it's holding together.

I don't know why I didn't think of this writing stuff more than two years ago. It's fun.

On a non-writing note, it was finally warm enough today to walk to my car without shivering with cold. I think Spring is finally here. Which means..... venturing into the back yard to get rid of a winter's worth of dog poo. Oh, joy.

1 comment:

Bernita said...

"Every time a new twist presents itself, I find it necessary to go back and make adjustments in the first chapters so everything doesn't get completely unraveled"

Delighted someone else does that too. I don't dare let it lie until later.