Wednesday 11 April 2007

I had a dream

Since I was a child, my dreams held such vivid clarity that I remember some of them almost forty years later. I remember flying, fighting with a purple octopus, fighting in a Crimean-type war, and being chased by elves.

Some of my dreams had sound tracks. Honest. Even credits at the end. Maybe I watched too much TV, but there you have it.

A few months ago, I had a dream that inspired the beginning of one of my current WIPs. I remember standing in a window, looking down into a courtyard. A man with a gun raises his weapon and shoots. After the initial panic and confusion and noise, another man appears at my door. He is, well.... let's just say that he is my next protagonist in my new novel.

Now I just have to think of a plot to go with all that hotness. It's coming along. Honest. Maybe this one will have credits at the end. And raunchy rock music.

2 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

Credits at the end of dreams? That's interesting, and thorough, too.

Umm, who's on the credit roll?

Sandra Cormier said...

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to read in a dream!